TechniCAL data loggers
Data Collection System for Heat Penetration and Temperature Distribution Tests:
Food Processing Specialists is the agent for TechniCAL’s data collection products in Australia and New Zealand. TechniCAL’s data collection system is used to conduct Temperature Distribution and Heat Penetration testing around the world by food processing companies, regulatory agencies, universities and trade associations. The system includes two components:
Designed by TechniCAL specifically for the canned foods industry. CALSoft is divided into the five tasks:
- Collect Heat Penetration data
- Collect Temperature Distribution data
- Evaluate HP data and set a process
- Evaluate TD data and set a Vent Schedule or Come Up Time
- Evaluate Process Deviations
Designed for performing heat penetration and temperature distribution tests for canned foods in retort sterilisers. CALPlex allows for 32 channels of data inputs and uses a USB cable for power so no external power supply or battery is needed. CALPlex can withstand harsh environments such as food production plants. The CALSoft software is required to communicate with CALPlex during data collection.
There are two versions of CALPex available:
- Standard CALPlex : compact, portable datalogger for use in testing static retorts. Designed so that a laptop computer can sit on top of CALPlex for data collection.
- Rotarty CALPlex : can be installed directly on the back of a rotary retort, attached to the packing gland and actually replacing the thermocouple slipring. This enables outstanding quality data transmission by eliminating a major source of noise.